Saturday, February 18, 2012

God

I found this great quote on Pinterest - When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is remember the teacher is always quiet during the test.  I've been through some hard times and remember wondering what kind of God would allow those hard times to happen.  I've been very angry at God for not stopping those things from happening.  I've always believed that there is a God.  I've even prayed to him, at times.  But I've had a hard time putting my faith in Him.  Organized religion has never been a part of my life.  My mom taught us that God created Earth so you can worship him from anywhere on Earth.  We didn't attend church growing up and I carried that with me into my adult life.  Now it's just habit that Sunday is lazy day at our house.  I spend so much time at work during the week that I don't want to give up weekend time with my family to go to church.  Now, however, my employer is preparing to go to a 4 day work week.  Starting in August, we'll have 3 day weekends every week.  This gives me one extra day at home with my family each week.  Maybe now I don't have to be so selfish about my Sunday mornings.  Maybe now I can start learning more about religion and attempt to put more faith in Him.  I want to do these things.  I want my kids to do these things. The quote above and the 4 day work week have really got me thinking these past few days.  It just seems like somehow, SOMEONE is speaking to me.  For whatever reason, I'm still hesitant to listen right now.  I'm hoping that the 4 day work week will eliminate all of my excuses and push me to listen.  Time will tell!  In the meantime, I'd love to hear your thoughts!     

No comments:

Post a Comment